What To Pack While Visiting Jellystone -- Dos and Dont's
The sun is shining, the campfires are burning, and crickets are just beginning to spend their evenings chirping. Yep, you guessed it -- camping season has finally come back to Hammond LA!
Here at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, we're busy getting ready to have you back for some exciting summer fun. But before you can set up camp and break out those fluffy marshmallows, you'll need to get yourself packed and ready to go for a trip to the outdoors.
One of the most common things we see around here are over and under-prepared campers. Sometimes, campers either pack too much (and wind up not needing much) or pack too little (and need to improvise). To find a happy medium between what you do and don't need to pack, here's a helpful list straight from the folks at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park!
The Dos: What To Pack
There are several crucial items that should be taken with you to Jellystone Park (not including a tent or RV, of course!). Here are three of the most important things to bring along:
- Bedding: This is an incredibly important camping staple, even for the most resilient outdoor folks! Bring some comfy sleeping bags, extra pillows and blankets, and additional padding for your back.
- Toiletries: You might not need to pack the entire bathroom, but you will certainly need to stay a clean and hygienic while camping! Shampoo, soap, sunscreen, toothbrushes and paste, and some basic first aid can be extremely helpful.
- Extra Clothing: No matter how long you plan to stay camping, you may need to change clothing more than once! Have some solid backups packed away -- just in case.
The most important part of camping is to be prepared! Make sure you have the basics packed before giving us a visit.
The Don'ts: What Not To Pack
Here are some items we do not recommend packing while on a trip to Jellystone Park:
- Food And Groceries: This one might sound a little crazy to campers used to roughing it, but here at Jellystone Park, we make it easy to pick up your next meal without worrying about spoiled goods. While you're in the General Store, pick up some Yogi Bear pins or t-shirts to remember your visit!
- Jewelry Or Watches: These items might look great while at you're at work or out on the town, but wearing these in the woods? Not so much. Jewelry has a tendency to get lost when in wild areas, and watches might fall, break, or otherwise get dirty.
- Perfume: You might be tempted to dress up a little while on vacation, but beware! Strong perfumes and other pretty scents can really attract bugs. Mosquitoes, ticks, and other biting pests could be lining up right outside your door to take a bite out of you and your family!
If you do choose to pack any one of these items, know that there is a good chance that your camping experience might be a little less fun.
The Maybes: What You Might Want To Pack!
Sometimes there are things that you might want to pack, but don't really need for a long weekend. If you have the space to take these along, why not give it a go?
- Board Games
- Griddles / Cast Iron Cooking Tools
- Bug Spray
- Swimsuits And Trunks
Remember that if you do forget a little something, no worries at all! The Jellystone General Store has all your basic needs covered, and is a great place to go for last-minute items or snacks.
No matter when your next stay is with us at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, know that we are so excited to spend the camping season with you! Reserve a place in camp by booking a stay online, or by giving us a call at (985) 542-1507. We'll see you then!