Every Day is 'Pic-a-nic' Time at YOGI BEAR'S JELLYSTONE PARK™
Some of our more experienced campers may remember the movie Picnic which debuted in theaters and drive-ins (remember those) way back in 1955; others may have seen this movie for the first time on cable TV or Amazon. The award-winning film, starring William Holden, won many fans over with its depiction of an action-packed, town picnic taking place in Kansas over the Labor Day weekend. It featured dancing, family games, competitive sports, river paddle boats, the crowning of the town queen, and lots and lots of "pic-a-nic" baskets filled with homemade goodies. It was a wonderful Labor Day picnic extravaganza.
Our camper friends here at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana know all about picnic fun and the upcoming Labor Day weekend. All of our fun loving bears, especially good old Yogi, along with Ranger Maurice and the entire staff, keep the action rolling here all day, every day, year round. It's no secret that Yogi Bear has a fondness for those baskets (just be sure to keep an eye on yours when he's around). Here at Louisiana's favorite family vacation spot, families make prized memories camping together and forming great friendships with fellow vacationers that last throughout the years are well worth it. Ready or not, school will start again soon. And we have plenty of excitement right here at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park. Don't miss our upcoming special weekend events with late summer fun designed to get you fully relaxed and geared up for hitting the books:
- Birthday parties are ALWAYS special! Join in the fun for Boo Boo's Birthday and Block Party Weekend on August 21 - 23. See details here.
- Come on out for our Back to School Weekend on August 26-28. Find out more here.
- Join in the fun during our long Labor Day Weekend celebration on September 4-7.
At our 100-acre Camp-Resort here in Robert, Louisiana, our primary focus is on family fun and special activities geared for all ages:
- We keep everyone dancing to the music of the Band and our very own DJ. You can locate our Rec Center on our park map!
- We offer themed weekend events featuring games and competitive sports for all ages. (See our handy pdf describing all of the events for the rest of 2015).
- Enjoy family-oriented water activities such as swimming, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and paddle boats.
- Among the activities we offer are cooking and other types of contests with trophies and bragging rights to titles such as "Sexiest Knees in Jellystone" and "Ms. Jellystone Park" (the latter having all-male participants).
- Picnic foods always available for our camping friends as a tie-in to various themed weekend events.
- Outdoor cooking at our wooded campsites and rental cabins is a ton of fun. Our camper friends enjoy Yogi-style pic-a-nics while seated on the grass, at tables, or while gathered around the campfire.
- Old-fashioned wagon rides are available during our many "Hey-Ride" events.
Here at Louisiana's favorite family vacation spot, families and friends make prized memories together and form friendships with fellow campers that last throughout the years. Jellystone Park's world famous friends; Yogi Bear, Ranger Maurice, Cindy Bear and our birthday bear Boo Boo, are looking forward to getting to know you as we head toward the holidays and the start of 2016. Remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Likes, shares, and comments are greatly appreciated!