6 Last-Minute Mother's Day Camping Gifts
It is Mother’s Day Week across Louisiana! There are so many wonderful words to describe moms—loving, strong, multitasker-extraordinaire, and wise; yet most descriptions fall short of what moms do every day for their kids. Sometimes, it is important to slow down and remember to thank them for their tremendous efforts in raising their kids to be their very best.
Mother’s Day is this upcoming Sunday. YOGI BEAR™ is extremely excited to celebrate mothers everywhere at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™ here in Robert, Louisiana. If anyone is out of Mother’s Day ideas, there is still time.
Consider these six very important last-minute Mother’s Day gifts for camping moms:
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™: Give the gift of relaxation, and treat Mom to a weekend at the campgrounds. We have a variety of campsites and weekend options, so there is something for every camping mom of all experiences levels. Plus, she’ll love unwinding at the “Moms Only” wine and cheese party Friday evening. On Saturday, treat her to a steak dinner (fee), then dance together while listening to the Ruffin Ready Band. On Sunday, she’ll enjoy free champagne and pancakes (fee for all side orders and pancakes for dads and kids).
- New hiking shoes: A good pair of hiking shoes is comfortable, sturdy, and will inevitably become well-loved. For that reason, her favorite pair might be worn down. Invest in a new pair of comfortable shoes she can wear camping. Some campers’ favorite brands can include Keen, Merrell, and Vasque. No time for shipping? No problem. Head to a store like REI, Dick’s Sporting Goods, or Cabela’s. Many online sources offer one day service. Don’t forget to check out the size of her current shoes before shopping, so you can keep it a secret.
- Make a camping coupon book: For big hearts with smaller budgets, make a camping coupon book. Get out the craft supplies, and make it colorful and sincere. She may enjoy a coupon for cleaning up after dinner at the campgrounds, a back or foot rub, one complaint-free day, help packing and/or unpacking, etc. Get creative and thoughtful. Think of how to give mom a break and create big smiles! Homemade coupon books are the perfect gifts that keep on giving!
- Make a camping jar: Cover a jar in pictures from past camping weekends. Buy an affordable, plastic container from a local craft store. Then, book a camping trip with Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park. Calculate the number of days until that camping trip (from Mother’s Day). Then, for each day until the trip, write a favorite camping memory, something cool about mom, and what fun will soon happen. Cut them into individual slips, and allow her to pick one out of the jar every day until the trip.
- Purchase a hammock: Moms who like spending time outdoors will love relaxing in a hammock. Hammocks are an enjoyable way to put one’s feet up while getting fresh air. Plus, purchase the right size, and it’s the perfect place to cuddle with her kids. Outdoor stores would likely have them in stock. If not, buy one online, and print out a picture of her gift. Be sure to include the tracking information, so she can eagerly await her new gift.
- A new water bottle: Find a water bottle that is well-insulated so it stays cold and doesn’t drip. Few things are more annoying than a water bottle dripping everywhere! Make sure it’s BPA free. For moms who love hiking, purchase a water bottle that can be carried cross-body, so she can carry it hands-free. For bonus points, fill the water bottle with her favorite, individually-packed chocolate.
Mother’s Day is only a few days away, but there is still time to get the moms in your life a meaningful gift. Be sure to book a campsite soon and enjoy spending time together as a family. Moms, what are the best camping gifts you’ve ever received? Let us know on our Facebook page!
Still ahead this May:
Yogi’s Fun Family Olympics (May 19-21)
Memorial Day Weekend (May 26-28)