5 Sunny Tips for Summer Camping!
We love summer at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™ in Robert, Louisiana! Our guests enjoy longer days and warmer weather in the great outdoors, swimming, hiking, camping, fishing, boating, and spending time with friends and family. Kids and adults alike have so much fun being outside all day! Yogi™ and friends also want all of our guests to stay healthy while they are with us, including taking good care of their skin and being careful about sun exposure throughout the summer. The sun shines bright in Southern Louisiana. We all love being outdoors as much as possible during the longer days of summer.
Yogi™ and friends at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™ in Robert, Louisiana, offer these five tips for keeping skin healthy while enjoying all that summer camping fun:
- Sunscreen: YOGI BEAR™ tells everyone to use sunscreen every day, even when it’s cloudy. The most effective sunscreen has a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 30. Even if the product says it’s water-resistant, it should still be reapplied after enjoying one of our great pools here at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™.
- Treat sunburn: For those times when we do miss a spot with the sunscreen or just forget to put it on, sunburn needs to be treated right away! Place a cool, damp cloth over the sunburned skin and then apply moisturizer. Keep the skin cool and hydrated until the sunburn heals.
- Insect repellent: Insects love camping too! Mosquitoes are just as big a part of nature as are YOGI BEAR™ and his friends. Take along a natural insect repellent, such as one made from the oil of a lemon eucalyptus tree and reapply it every few hours.
- Cover up: It may seem odd to advise campers in the hot summer of the NOLA area to wear long sleeves, but light clothing covering arms (and even legs) can keep sun and insects away. Protect the eyes as well with sun-protecting sunglasses!
- Stay hydrated: Of course, water is essential for rehydrating the body, but it can also help keep skin healthy. Water is the healthiest choice for YOGI BEAR™ and all of his friends, as well as for all of our campers and swimmers!
Summer is arriving soon in Robert, Louisiana, and we love it at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™! Join us this summer by making your reservations today. Call 1-800-349-YOGI or fill out the online form!
Here is our June 2018 schedule:
- June 8-10: Super Soaking Blasting Weekend!
- June 15-17: Father’s Day Celebration!
- June 22-24: Red, White, & Blue & Family Wet-N-Wild Tourney!
- June 29-July 4: Fourth of July Celebration!