5 Great Spring Happenings at JELLYSTONE PARK™
It is spring already, and good old Yogi Bear is looking forward to a busy season of camping events in Robert, Louisiana; especially as we head into the summer season. Novice and seasoned campers alike can enjoy what’s on the calendar the rest of the month of April. Plus, our spring weather can’t be beat! The summer hasn’t settled in yet; and all of our visitors know that Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park is the perfect place to enjoy the warm Louisiana sunshine. This month is off to a great start at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park. Last weekend, our campers truly enjoyed celebrating Cindy Bear’s™ birthday celebration; but the fun doesn’t stop there! Our staff has assembled a calendar jam-packed with fun right through November. Book soon, and enjoy all the excitement here at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park:
- Strawberry Festival Weekend (April 8-10): Feeling competitive, camper? Enter Yogi’s annual “Everything-Strawberry-Eating” contest this Saturday. There will also be strawberry crafts, a strawberry “hey”ride parade, and a Golf Cart Poker Run. Attending the parade? Be sure to bring your own throw. When evening falls Saturday night, dance the night away to the music played by the Southern Boyz Band. There will also be a Lafayette RV show this weekend!
- Spring Swamp Pop Music Festival (April 15-17): Louisiana bands will perform throughout the day Saturday from noon to 10 p.m.; interested in selling crafts or concessions? Rent a booth for only $100.00. Remember, this weekend costs an additional $15 for all adults 18 and older (both guests and members) on all reservations. This will be such a fun weekend, Yogi’s selling souvenir t-shirts. Be sure to get one and keep the memories alive long after the weekend passes.
- Yogi’s Pajama Party Weekend (April 22-24): This is a weekend to be enjoyed by all ages! There will be a Pajama and Crazy Slipper Contest (pajamas must be appropriate for all ages). Whether competing or watching, campers won’t want to miss this fun contest. The Ruff-N-Ready band will perform Saturday night. Be sure to bring your best dance moves to Robert, Louisiana this weekend. There will be prizes!
- Yogi’s Horseshoe Invitational Tourney and Jambalaya Cook-Off (April 29-May 1): First, second, and third place medals will be awarded to our Horseshoe Invitational champions! Enjoy the DJ Saturday evening after indulging in a steak dinner (fee).
- Mother’s Day Celebration Weekend (May 6-8): This is the perfect way to celebrate motherhood. Moms, kick off the weekend with a wine and cheese party just for them Friday night. Families, treat Mom to a steak dinner Saturday night (fee) before the Member’s Only Band. Sunday morning, moms will be treated to champagne and pancakes for breakfast for free! Dads and kids may join for a fee (all side orders cost extra). Continue the tradition or make it a new one—Mother’s Day at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park is a special trip the whole family will remember for years to come.
At Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, families can come and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life while enjoying easy access to the entire region and everything camping has to offer. What event are you most looking forward to this spring, campers? Let us know on our Facebook page!