4 Fun Ways for Autumn Fun at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™
Across Louisiana, there is something exciting about welcoming a brand-new season, especially fall. As families switch out the bright floral décor of summer for earth tones and pumpkins, we all settle into new rhythms: packing school lunches catching the bus, watching college football from TV screens, and anticipating the return of cooler temperatures as we quickly head to year-end. While settling into these new routines at home, school, and office, be sure to include time for fun and family camping and good times at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™.
Our staff offers four fun ways camping families can welcome fall together as we look forward to autumn at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™:
- Pack fall-themed bedtime stories: Before leaving for the campgrounds, order some fall-themed books to enjoy around the campfire. By the firelight or beneath the glow of a flashlight, a story feels even more magical. For young readers, try a story like Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie—it’s bound to make them giggle. Check out this list from Scholastic for more fall-themed suggestions or Tents and Trails for camping-themed stories.
- Enjoy s’mores around a campfire: Imagine laying beneath an indigo sky while listening to the rustle of a cool breeze gliding through drying leaves. Graham crackers, chocolate Hershey’s melting under the heat of a freshly-toasted marshmallow, and the sound of a crackling fire; it just feels like fall. Welcome autumn around the campfire, and enjoy this savory fireside sweet. Want to change it up? Try other chocolate bars in the s’mores!
- Make a fall craft: From a glowing bug necklace to leaf paintings, there are many cute crafts families can create while camping. Not only will the kids enjoy working on their masterpieces, but the crafts make great additions to scrapbooks that will be cherished for years to come. Check out About Family Crafts for some camping-themed ideas.
- Try a new fall recipe: Think of favorite fall meals, then look up ways to adapt them into something that can be cooked over a campfire. For example, for those who love apple pie, try Sugar and Charm’s campfire apple pie. Love pumpkin-flavored everything? Check out this pumpkin cornbread recipe from Overland Trailer.
Autumn is just around the corner, and there are plenty of ways to celebrate the season at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™. Take a look at all the fall-themed fun happening at the campgrounds this month, then be sure to reserve a campsite and enjoy a weekend in the great outdoors.
Upcoming Events at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™:
- The Horseshoe Invitational (September 8-10): One of the best weekends of the year!
- Game Show Mania Weekend (September 15-17): See the new game show console in action as we play Pardy Deal or No Deal and more!
- The Largest Yogi Bear™ Garage Sale & Flea Market 50% Off Weekend (September 22-24): Bring your garage sale and flea market to Yogi with a special price for the weekend just for you. Advertise on your page on Social Media and have friends and family come out for great bargains and great fun!! Watch for our own Flea Market Specials at Yogi!! Don't miss out on all of the fun.
- Purple and Gold Tailgate Party (September 29 – October 1): It's the spirit of Tiger Pride with an all-day Tailgating Party from 11a.mm till 9 p.m.! Best block party contest, decorating contest, & BBQ cook-off contest! Enjoy food & spirits as you watch college football on the big screen. We will also have raffles and games during half time.
Remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Likes, shares, and comments are greatly appreciated!
Louisiana’s #1 Destination for Family Recreation for over 30 Years!