3 Fun Camping Costume Themes from YOGI-BEAR ™ and the Gang!
Halloween candy lines the aisles and end caps of the local grocery stores, and jack o’lantern smiles greet visitors on almost every doorstep. It is October, and residents across Louisiana are getting into the autumnal spirit. YOGI BEAR™ is also enjoying the festivities here at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™ where there are many opportunities to take part in fall fun and trick-or-treating all month long. From the Monster Mash dancing to Haunted Attractions, there are many “spooktacular” activities for every family.
Because there are so many fun reasons to break out the Halloween costume this year at the campgrounds, the staff at YOGI BEAR™ have come up with a list of three camping-themed Halloween ideas:
- Forest animals: While craft experts can create impressive forest animal costumes, there are also many options for parents looking for a simple, affordable Halloween costume. Plus, these are adorable. Use a headband and some felt to create animal-like ears. Use the rest of your felt to make these kid-friendly masks (owl, deer, and raccoon options). Incorporate the beautiful fall leaves into your kids’ animal masks and crowns with this cute idea from Handmade Charlotte.
- S’mores: Everyone’s favorite campfire treat is also an adorable Halloween costume. Purchase a costume on Amazon for your little ones, or check out adult-sized options. While these costumes can be purchased, there are also some creative families who have made their own. Check out this post from Coolest Homemade Costumes to learn how to make your own budget-friendly s’mores costume (worn by one person). For families looking for a fun costume theme, check out this easy-to-make version from My Chocolate Moments (families of four).
- Campfire: When contemplating the outdoors, campfires always come to mind. They also make cute costumes! To create the costume, use pool noodles, cardboard, and colored tissue paper. For further instructions (and costume ideas for a Scotty camper and marshmallow), check out this post from Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons.
Try one, or try them all! There are plenty of opportunities to put Halloween costumes to good use this month at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™. The kids will love wearing their costumes and taking part in the festivities. Plus, families will have abundant opportunities to take fall-themed pictures which are always fun to look back on over the years. Make the most of October, and book a weekend (or two!) at the campgrounds.
Upcoming Halloween Themed Weekends:
- Warlock Weekend (October 13-15): Watch out for the Warlocks this weekend. Team up for the Golf Cart Poker Run. Join us for Monster Mash dancing, decorating contest, karaoke, night-vision volleyball, a Haunted Attraction & of course trick or treating. Bring candy!
- Witching Weekend (October 20-22): Come join in our many spellbinding activities from a Golf Cart Poker Run to decorating contests to trick or treating! Bring candy! Prepare to be scared in the Haunted Attraction! We'll be brewing lots more bewitching activities & a D.J.!
- Halloween Weekend (October 27-29): Grab your little goblins and get ready for a fun-filled weekend of trick or treating, contests, a Haunted Attraction, D.J. & other creepy activities that will make everyone scream. Bring candy for trick or treat!