Two Patriotic Weekends at JELLYSTONE PARK™ with Fireworks on July 3rd!
Hey, campers and outdoor lovers in Louisiana. It soon will be time to celebrate the 4th of July in a really big way here at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana. Because we love and appreciate the Red, White & Blue, we're having not just one, but two patriotic-themed weekends very soon; featuring events that will do the Fourth of July holiday and America proud! John Adams, one of our Founding Fathers, the very first Vice-President of our country, and the second President of the new United States of America, declared on July 3, 1776, a grand celebration of "pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations" to take place on July 4th throughout the new and independent country! What a way to continue celebrating our freedom and independence. Yogi Bear, Ranger Maurice, Boo Boo and friends are so ready. The entire staff and all of our bear buddies at Jellystone Park say let the fun begin! Friday June 26 through Sunday June 28: Our “Red, White & Blue” Fun Weekend for the Whole Family:
- Compete in the RED, WHITE & BLUE Family Wet-n-Wild Tourney.
- Enjoy a 50¢ Ranger BBQ plus loads of Wet-n-Wild activities.
- Come out for the D.J. and the Rec Center Party on Saturday night, June 28th.
Friday July 3 through Sunday July 5: Our Fourth of July Celebration Weekend:
- View multi-colored FIREWORKS as they sparkle and pop on Friday, July 3rd!
- All Male Ms. Jellystone Park™ contest, also on Friday, July 3rd!
- Music by the Band on Saturday, July 4th.
Add all of these unique "extras" for the Fourth of July weekend:
- Patriotic "Hey" ride parade.
- Golf cart decorating contest (a red, white and blue theme will be popular)!
- More surprises for our Camp Resort friends - be there, take part, and ENJOY!
Ranger Maurice has a sweet-treat idea to share and enjoy here at Jellystone and anytime there is a campfire:
- Cut an unpeeled BANANA lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. at both ends. Widen the cut peel to form a pocket.
- Filling for the pocket: 1 teaspoon MINIATURE CHOCOLATE CHIPS and 1 tablespoon MINIATURE MARSHMALLOWS. Form a "boat" by crimping and shaping a 12 in. square of heavy-duty foil around the banana.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows melt and are golden brown scrum-diddly-bumptious!
Yogi just said that the Ranger’s recipe has a peal! He should know, around Jellystone Park he is the “top banana”. Cooking over an open campfire is always extra special and a long standing tradition at Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana. At the end of every camping day, the night creates lasting memories as the campfire becomes a place for the family to gather and watch orange and yellow flames perform their carefree and flickering dance show. From all of us to all of you, we wish happy, sparkling, “bear-ti-ful” 4th of July wishes from Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, Cindy Bear, Ranger Maurice, and everyone at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana! We hope you can join us here VERY soon! Start with this weekend and head to Robert, Louisiana for the vacation everyone wants as the summer hits. Make Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park your destination headquarters for fun and games in 2015!