August Events and Memories are at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™
YOGI BEAR™ has been really enjoying the great outdoors this summer at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™. Families in Louisiana are investing in quality time with one another, creating wonderful summer-vacation memories the kids won’t soon forget! While that Southern sunshine may be hot, swimming at our pool is a very healthy way to cool off. Then, roast s’mores under the stars once the sun goes down. Sharing gooey treats, laughter, and sticky marshmallow grins around a crackling fire; these are the life moments the kids will reminisce about when they return to school in the next month or two telling everyone how much fun it is to camp!
As the gang says, summer isn’t over yet! The best August events are in Robert LA, at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ and we are just around the corner:
- Birthday Party for Boo Boo™ & Block Party (August 4-6): It’s a surprise birthday party for Boo Boo™! Pack speakers and your favorite music, food, and party decorations. Birthday parties are a blast, and the kids will have fun celebrating at the all-day block party, which will last from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- 18th Annual Acadian Reunion & Cajun Cook-Off (August 11-13): Enjoy a delicious Cajun dinner (fee), then drop by a Fais Do Do where the Ruffin Ready Band will be playing. Plus, get the Cajun recipes out and cooking skills ready as well, by taking part in the Cajun Cook-Off. Who is going to win a prize?
- Super Soaker Weekend - Reloaded! (August 18-20): Super soaker weekends are a great way to cool down, and this is the last one of the summer! Don’t miss a wet “Hey” ride and rec activities. Be prepared to get soaked! Remember, water guns only; no high-powered sprayers or water balloons, and please do not wet the bears or employees. Then, on Saturday night, dance to the wonderful music of the Southern Boyz Band.
- Back to School but the Fun’s Not Over Game Show Mania! (August 25-27): If the family is looking for an affordable and fun way to say goodbye to summer and kick off the school year, this weekend is for everyone! Campfires and cabins are 40% off (sorry, not valid for PPL members). There will be an array of family-friendly activities at the rec center and a DJ Saturday night.
There are four exciting weekends coming up this August before the kids head back to school. Book a campsite soon, then be sure to read about to make this summer of 2017 educational at the campgrounds, and review summer safety tips as the family counts down the days.
If waiting until August is unBEARable, remember there is still fun to be had this July at the campgrounds:
- Christmas in July (July 21-23)
- Grandparents/Kids Mid-Week Celebration (July 24-26)
- Great American Picnic (July 28-30)