5 Ways to Enjoy Summer Fun at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™
Summer just started officially at the Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park and across the state of Louisiana! The 4th of July is also right around the corner! The kids are out of school, and now is the perfect time to get the summer season on with camping, fun and games! For many youngsters, summer means camping fun and family time. Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park is the best place in Louisiana to get everyone together with planned and unplanned family-friendly activities combined with great amenities. Aside from all the action packed weekend happenings here at the park, there will be Family Night at the Pool Deck with a DJ every Thursday in July! Plus, children and grandparents can bond this summer with Grandparents/Kids Mid-Week Celebration on July 18-21. Families of every size are sure to enjoy themselves at the campgrounds this July and all of summer ‘16. Here are five fun ways to keep the family entertained and excited right through July:
- Fourth of July Celebration (July 1-4): Book a campground for Independence Day weekend (3 night minimum stay) and celebrate the 4th of July all weekend long! Enjoy a patriotic “hey”ride parade, a golf cart decorating contest, a Golf Cart Poker Run, the All Male Ms. Jellystone Park™ contest, and of course, fireworks.
- Beach Party at Cindy’s Hawaiian Luau Weekend (July 8-10): A last-minute trip to Hawaii may be hard to book, but families can still have a ball in the great outdoors of Robert, Louisiana. Bring your grass skirts and enjoy hula dancing with music from the Southern Boyz Band. Be sure to get creative with the family’s costumes—there will be medals for the best Hawaiian costumes!
- Super Soaker Reloaded Weekend (July 15-17): It’s no secret that southern summers are hot! Have fun cooling down at the Super Soaker Reloaded Weekend where families can engage in wet rec activities, enjoy the super soaker “hey”ride, and listen to the Southern Boyz Band on Saturday night. Everyone is sure to get soaked, so plan accordingly to get wet! Please note that only water guns are permitted; no higher-powered sprayers, water balloons, or homemade water guns. Also, please remember not to wet the bears, the employees, or the Ranger!
- Christmas in July Weekend (July 22-24): Counting down the days until Christmas? Missing some Jingle Bells? Wait no longer! Christmas in July will be here before you know it and full of family-fun activities at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park! There will be a “hey”ride parade, best decoration contests, and gifts from Santa! The kids will love all the activities and celebrations. Parents, please be sure to bring gift(s) labeled with your child’s name, age, and site or cabin number.
- Great American Picnic Weekend (July 29-31): Campers will love the Great American Picnic Weekend! There will be Great American Family activities, a Golf Cart Poker Run, and the Member’s Only Band will play Saturday night. Plus, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and drinks are all just 50 cents each!
There are plenty of fun-packed weekends to choose from this July, and a wide range of campsites to book. Be sure to check out all the accommodations offered at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park before booking your stay! What is your family looking forward to most? Let us know on our Facebook page!