5 Exciting Autumn Events at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™
Has Yogi Bear mentioned how much he loves camping in the fall? While Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park prides itself on all the family-fun experiences to be had all year long, there are definitely some great benefits to cozy campfire weekends in autumn. Why not enjoy this beautiful time of year in Louisiana? Enthusiastic campers and new-timers alike will love camping in the great outdoors this October. Besides the great weather, there are five exciting events coming up that families won’t want to miss this October at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park:
- Purple and Gold Tailgate Party (September 30 - October 2): Go Tigers! Louisiana State University fans will love cheering on their favorite team with an all-day tailgating party (11 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Come ready to show off your Tiger Pride competitively in contests for best block party, best decorating, and a BBQ Cook-Off. Have fun with food, spirits, halftime raffles, and college football on the big screen. It’s the perfect weekend for college football fanatics. It’s LSU versus Missouri!
- Pumpkin Patch and Kiddie Carnival (October 7-9): Grandparents’ favorite weekend is coming up. Pumpkin Patch and Kiddie Carnival is a great weekend for families with little ones! Meander through the pumpkin patch, enjoy the “hey” ride parade, go trick-or-treating, and check out the games and prizes at the Kiddie Carnival. Make sure everyone is hungry. Pick up some of Ranger’s 50¢ BBQ. (Proceeds benefit Sisters of the Living Word. Be sure to bring treats for trick-or-treating.).
- Warlock Weekend (October 14-16): Those who love all-things Halloween will love the Warlock Weekend! From Monster Mash dancing and a decorating competition, to a haunted attraction and trick-or-treating; this weekend is sure to be “spook”tacular! There will also be night-vision volleyball and a Golf Cart Poker Run for those seeking to engage in some competition. Be sure to bring candy for trick-or-treating!
- Witching Weekend (October 21-23): During our fun Witching Weekend, there will be a great Golf Cart Poker Run! Plus, enjoy decorating contests and more trick-or-treating fun! The entertainment doesn’t stop there; brave the haunted attraction before dancing the night away (DJ). Please bring candy for trick-or-treating.
- Halloween Weekend (October 28-30): The family will love Halloween Weekend! Trick-or-treating, contests, and the haunted attraction continue this weekend as Yogi and friends celebrate Halloween together. Don’t miss the DJ and all the additional Halloween activities that will be offered! Again, please remember to bring candy for trick-or-treating.
October is jam-packed with family fun! No one has a better autumn season of good times planned. Reserve a campsite soon and prepare to have many good times at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park this October.