4 Essential Tips for Staying Cool at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™
July and August can get very warm in our part of Louisiana. It is summer across all the parishes in the NOLA region, and many families are having a blast under the sun in the great outdoors. While the outdoors are fun and enjoyable in the summertime, it’s important to stay as cool as possible to prevent the chances of dehydration and heat stroke. At Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, there are plenty of ways to cool down while safely enjoying summer camping. It is possible to be active outside all year long here in our state, and it can happen in the hotter months too.
Ranger Maurice and the gang offer four essential tips for staying cool and comfortable while camping at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park this summer season:
- Enjoy “cool” accommodations: Families who enjoy spending the day outdoors but prefer an air conditioned space will love camping in one of Yogi Bear’s cabins. There are a wide variety to choose from that have central air. From bungalows to Yogi Villas, there are many great options where families can cool down after a fun day of outside. RVs are also welcome at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park with hundreds of campsites for every size recreational vehicles. If our guests choose to camp outdoors, be sure to invest in a well-ventilated tent to keep air moving without lettings bugs in the sleeping area. And don’t forget to make a reservation!
- Stay hydrated: Be prepared for the heat of the day with fresh water or a sports drink to stay hydrated. Throughout the day, drink plenty of liquids—before, during, and after activities. Although family members may not feel thirsty, it’s important to continue to hydrate. Apart from water and sports drinks, popsicles and fruits and veggies with high water content like fresh watermelons and strawberries. It can help get the body the water it needs. Children are more susceptible to dehydration, so check out these tips from Parents.com, too.
- Wear light clothing and sunscreen: Experts from WebMD recommend that those spending time outdoors in the heat “Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing, and a wide-brimmed hat” and a sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30. Sunscreen should be reapplied regularly, even if it is waterproof.”
- Enjoy the amenities: Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park has an array of indoor activities that campers can enjoy to stay cool. For example, stop by the rec center! Campers can enjoy getting creative and competitive indoors on hot days and rainy days as well. Check out these great ideas from blogger, Camping with Gus. There is so much to do in the fun department including splashing in one of the swimming pools.
Summertime means fun times when camping in Robert, Louisiana. At Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, there are many ways for campers to keep cool while enjoying nature. We have it going on all summer!
Look at what we have coming up in July!
- July 15th through July 17th: Super Soaker Reloaded Weekend...Come join us for our famous super soaker "Hey"ride, wet rec activities, & the Southern Image band on Saturday night! (*Please, water guns only - NO high-powered sprayers, water balloons, homemade water guns and DON'T WET THE BEARS OR EMPLOYEES PLEASE!)
- July 22nd through July 24th : Christmas in July Weekend with our Christmas... “Hey-Ride” Parade! Decorate your golf cart & bicycles, and grab your throws for Santa's Christmas in July "Hey"ride parade. If you are good, Santa just might have a gift for you! (Parents, please bring gift(s) for Santa's sack with child's name, age, and site or cabin number.)
- July 28th through July 31st : Great American Picnic Weekend...Join us for a grand pic-a-nic with 50 cents each hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and drinks. After lunch participate in Great American family activities, team up for the Golf Cart Poker Run, & enjoy the Great American dance with the Member's Only Band Saturday night!