3 Tips to Build Anticipation for the Camping Trip at YOGI BEAR’S JELLYSTONE PARK™
Many children, who love camping across Louisiana, possess the ability to make magic in the most ordinary of moments. Kids are just wildly imaginative and curious. While the size of their world may appear limited for now, their dreams and hopes are immeasurable. Keep this excitement of youth and zest for life at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park in Robert, LA where kids can enjoy the great outdoors and nature with their families. Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park is a great opportunity to expand a child’s world, giving them chances to grow, learn, and appreciate the world while making fun family memories. Leading up to the family’s Jellystone Park camping trip, parents can magnify the magic of their upcoming outing with these simple tips:
- Enjoy camping-inspired snacks: Munch on some healthy fun to eat grape caterpillars and tomato ladybugs together. While the kids are enjoying their food, discuss what bugs the family might discover while enjoying the great outdoors on the upcoming camping trip. Check out these “Backyard Bug Snacks” the Crafty Chicks posted. Not only are they tasty, but they’re healthy, too! Plus, they’re so cute, even picky eaters may not be able to resist them.
- Get crafty: There are a multitude of camping crafts available on the web, and kids are bound to love them. For example, the blog From ABCs to ACTs posted 10 Super Simple Camping Crafts for Kids.These ideas truly are simple and cost-friendly. For example, the binoculars are made from toilet paper rolls and can be decorated with markers or fun stickers. These binoculars would be fun to try out while camping!
- Pick out a “Yogi-approved” campfire meal together: Trying something new as a family can be fun, especially a meal! As the camping weekend approaches, pick out one or two new recipes to try while here at the park. For some ideas, check out these 101 Camping Kids Ideasto get started. Enjoy picking up the ingredients together, or coming up with a recipe based on what you already have in your pantry. Make predictions for how good it will taste, and keep track of these fun new recipes in a special Yogi Bear camping journal that the kids can decorate. >
How does your family count down to the next camping trip? Let us know on our Facebook page! Plus, don’t miss the rest of the events coming up this May and early June at Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park:
- May 20-22, Mardi Gras in May Weekend: Join us for our annual Mardi Gras “Hey Ride” Parade, golf carts and decorating contests. Get your dance moves on; we have the Ruff-N-Ready Band Saturday night!
- May 27-30, Memorial Day Weekend: This is the weekend of our Annual Volleyball Championship. Make some Memorial Day crafts and tie-dye shirts. Join us for the Cosmic Kowboyz Band Sunday night (three night minimum)!
- June 3-5: Yogi Bear’s Birthday and School’s Out Weekend: Join us for Yogi’s Totally Surprise Party! Win a medal for the best decorated birthday cake! The Ranger brings the ice cream! Do the “Yogi Shuffle” with the Waylon Thibodeaux Band!